Care & Maintenance:
- You can avoid tarnish on your sterling silver jewelry by wearing your pieces often.
- The oils in your skin will “clean” the silver and keep it looking shiny.
- It is a good idea to remove jewelry when doing household chores.
- Lotions, cosmetics, hair spray and hair products, and perfumes are also “enemies” of precious metal and can contribute to tarnishing.
- Store your jewelry in airtight plastic bags.
- For gold fill pieces, we recommend taking off for showers, swimming and any other activities that may cause your jewelry to be subjected to sweat or water.
Cleaning - Sterling Silver Jewelry:
- Polishing your silver works well when the tarnishing is not too severe.
- Silver is soft and can become scratched easily. You can use a special silver cloth to polish your items, but a lint-free flannel, microfiber, or other soft nonabrasive cloth will do as well.
- Do not use paper towels or tissues to polish your jewelry as they contain fibers that can scratch the silver.
Cleaning - 14k Gold-Filled
- Although our Gold Filled jewelry will not tarnish, it will get dirty. The oils from your skin transfer to the metal and need to be washed off periodically.
- The easiest way to care for it is to scrub it with an baby soft toothbrush and a mild dish washing liquid. Rinse it well and lay on a towel to dry.
- Never use tissue or any other paper-based material to clean your pieces.
For more details on the materials we use, check out of FAQ page